3 January 2012

CRAVINGS - DAY 3



I'm dying for a drink. Actually no, not a drink, I want a few drinks. A bottle of savignon blanc, preferebaly from New Zealand, chilled to perfection and complemented with a platter of fresh prawns. That would do the trick.

Day 3 coincided with my return to work after the Christmas break. I bounced in with a huge smile plastered on my face, preaching the benfits of an alcohol free life and genuinely feeling on top of the world. I put my head down, butt up and whizzed my way through my work list. Popped out for a chat with an old friend, bounded to the library to collect one of the most helpful books I have ever read 'I could do anything if only I knew what it was'. I dont go much on the title. A tad wordy and leaves nothing to the imagination. I wondered if Barbara Sher would appreciate my handwritten letter describing my new found desire to shorten authors titles in the name of saving time. Time that could be subsequently spent volunteering for a charity. I digress.

As I passed the Clock Hotel I looked up at all the people having fun. They were sitting on the balcony in the sun, and it triggered my current craving for a drink. The fact I am about to go out with a friend for dinner is not helping the situation either. I realised tonight that you can divide your friends into sober friends and drunkards. Sober friends I will meet for a spot of tennis or a coffee, the conversation is normally rather tame. The drunkards are ONLY interested in meeting after 8pm, usually skipping dinner and meeting directly at a bar. We have wild and long nights. We wake up proclaiming we had fun, but to be honest, can we really even remember? Tonight I am meeting a drunkard. Don't get me wrong, its not that HE is out of control with his drinking, rather that I have spent the majority of our blossoming friendship inebriated.

This begs the question, what am I going to talk about if I haven't had a drink??

3 comments:

  1. I saw this and thought of you... :-)

    http://youtu.be/T5u0vUJWqfk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is quite funny as well...bit of word slurring going on.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLy_gGgj87Y&feature=related

    ReplyDelete